Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ward Campout

This is the first year we have went to our ward campout! I was tired of waiting for Seth's schedule to work out, so I packed up the boys and took them campin'. There was a really good turn out.
While I set up the tent with the help of some friends Brogan got in on the water gun fight. He got soaking wet. Gavin later joined, but didn't get quite so wet. I only packed one extra set of clothes since it was just an over-nighter. Brogan was freezing as the sun was going down. He had to change into his P.J.'s.
Everyone was supposed to bring their own dinner, so I went as easy as possible. We had sandwiches. It is always so hard to get Brogan to eat when there is friends or cousin's or anyone to play with around. He is so social! So he had a blast!
Then we had a talent show around the campfire while everyone toasted marshmallows for s'mores. We stayed up late and had fun visiting.
The bishopric cooked breakfast in the morning! It was yummy! Then we broke camp and did some more visiting. Everyone kept saying how brave I was for going to the campout without Seth. I just kept saying, "It's just for one night!" It was fun and I'm glad we went. Maybe someday Seth will be able to go!

No comments: