Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Better Me Competition!

My friend Whitney decided that she wanted some changes in her life and thought it would be fun to make it a competition as a good motivator. It was $10 to enter or $15 for a couple. So I decided to join and signed up a bunch of my family members. The competition lasted 8 weeks. There was 8 goals.....

1. Spiritual goal/7 days a week=7 points a week
2. 7 hours of sleep per night/7 days a week=7 points a week
3. Eat 5 fruits/veggies/7 days a week=7 points a week
4. No sweets or junk/5 days a week with 2 free days=5 points a week
5. Drink 64 oz. water/7 days a week=7 points a week
6. Don't eat after 8 p.m./ 7 days a week=7 points a week
7. Exercise 30 min./5 days a week=5 points a week
8. Exercise 30 min./5 days a week=5 points a week

There were about 27 people signed up to begin with. After the first couple weeks we had about 10 people drop out. Then soon it was down to 12.The first week for me went perfect! The second week I gave up a point to have some carrot cake on my free day, but it was after 8 p.m. When I looked at the status sheet after that, I realized I was gonna have to stick to my guns if I was gonna have a chance at winning or even placing.
By the end of 8 weeks I was still in second place status, their was still 5 people tied for first place.
For second place I got $20. Yea! I doubled my money and lost 10 lbs. to boot.
It was a tough competition sometimes, but fun. I'm glad I did it.
I'm sorry to say I haven't kept all the good habits though. Lately I've been thinking I need to start them back up!

No comments: